About the Journal
Scope of the Journal
The journal's focus and scope are related but not limited to Health education and pedagogy, Health communication, Health research, Curriculum development, School health, Sexual and reproductive health, Child health, Adolescent health, Female health, Elderly health, Community health, Hygiene and sanitation, Environmental health, Universal health coverage, One health, Mental health, Communicable and Non-communicable diseases, Oral health, Safety and preventive health, Food and nutrition, Consumer health, Health planning, and other current health promotion issues and concerns.
Journal of Health Promotion (JHP) is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. The submitted articles are screened by the editors as the first step of the review process. The editors can reject the articles if they do not meet the criteria and assigned format. If accepted, the selected articles are sent to the peer reviewers to review. Each article is sent to two reviewers to review. The reviewers can reject the articles. Finally, the editorial board decides to publish the articles. It can also reject the articles.
Article Processing Charge (APC)
We receive a small amount of APC to maintain the journal publication charge. The APC is of:
- Life members of HEAN and Nepali research scholars without any funding agency = NRs. 3000
- Nepali author(s) other than HEAN members = NRs. 4000
- International author(s) = US$ 50
The journal is published annually.
Mode of Publication
The journal is published by the Health Education Association of Nepal (HEAN).
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global knowledge exchange.
This journal is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. The submitted articles are screened by the team of editors as the first step of the review process. The editors can reject the articles if they do not meet the criteria and assigned format. If accepted, the selected articles are sent to the peer reviewers to review. Each article is sent to two reviewers to review. Based on the reviewers’ feedback, the editorial board decides to publish the articles.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines. Please follow the APA guidelines while preparing the manuscript.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Open Office, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses Times New Roman 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Please follow the Publication Manual of APA (7th Edition).
- The author should limit themselves to three levels of headings (as shown in the following table), including the title of the manuscript.
1st Heading= Centered, Bold, Uppercase, and Lowercase Heading
2nd Heading = Flush Left, Bold, Uppercase, and Lowercase Heading
3rd Heading = Indented, bold, lowercase paragraph heading ending with a period.